Have you ever wanted to
BE AN ACTOR
& A FILMMAKER
You can make it a great hobby!
Julia’s Learning Center now offers classes for both adults and children!
- Have fun taking Film & Acting classes where you will write, produce, direct, act, and edit your own films and videos. Classes taught by nationally and internationally awarded filmmaker and actor.
- Learn the secrets of filmmaking and modern technology, and use it in your business. Make your own ads!
- Tell your life stories through screenplays and the lens of a camera. Leave a legacy!
- Meet new friends, network with famous people, and use the opportunity to be involved with films shot in Oklahoma
Basic Filmmaking 101
To learn the basics steps of filmmaking and acting
1) WHAT IS ACTING – DEFINING ACTING AND ACTING TECHNIQUES
2) WHAT IS FILMMAKING – HISTORY AND OVERVIEW OF THE INDUSTRY
3) INDEPENDENT FILMMAKING - DEFINITIONS, FACTS AND SECRETS
4) LEARNING THE PROCESS OF FILMMAKING 7 STEPS:
5) MAKING A SHORT FILM
The classes for adults will focus more on filmmaking aspects.
The classes for children will focus more on acting for camera.
Basic Filmmaking 102
To learn the crafts of writing, packaging and producing
1) Learning the film market – what sells!
2) Defining and Developing Ideas that sell!
3) Basic writing techniques:
Writing formulas and structures
Write to pitch
Write to shoot
Write for unlimited budget
4) What is packaging
How and who to package to
5) Producing basics - how and where to find investors
6) Making a short film
Basic Filmmaking 103
To learn pre-production and different kinds of producing
1) Breaking down pre-production
2) Different Producers and their roles
3) Budgeting and Scheduling
4) Location scouting and line producing
5) Unions, Insurance, Bonds, and Crew Definitions
6) Making a short film
Basic Filmmaking 104
To learn independent film production techniques and secrets
1) Working on the set
2) Working with actors
3) Working with props
4) Working with stunts
7) Understanding Above and Below the line relationships and hirerarchy
10) Making a short film
Basic Filmmaking 105
Learning post production and marketing
1) Digital editing and software
2) Editing tricks and shortcuts
3) Post sound, ADR and Sound Effects
4) Mastering and butchering
5) Developing trailers for different markets
6) One sheet
7) Exploring Distribution venues
8) Making a short film
Advanced Filmmaking 101
Understanding and learning cinematic language
1) Meaning in film
2) Shots: meaning and techniques
4) Colors, tones and moods
5) Working with actors
6) The importance, meaning and use of sound and scoring
7) Making a short film
Advanced Filmmaking 102
Learning commercial filmmaking vs. artistic
1) Difference between commercial and artistic filmmaking
2) Learning and interpreting the different types of films
3) Shooting and creating commercial film clips
4) Shooting and creating artistic film clips
5) Making a short film
Advanced Filmmaking 103
To make a feature film
Making a feature film using the 7 major steps of filmmaking
Advanced Filmmaking 104
Only for private coaching
To coach filmmakers, actors, and writers to achieve excellent performance and high production value. To guide clients through all the filmmaking processes and to inspire them to grow and to be the best in the film and entertainment industry.
Call today! The class space is limited!