Parent and students should not enter the office space of the school.
Use of the school telephone is limited to emergencies only.
Parents and students should never interrupt a class in session.
Only water is allowed in the studios. No food, drinks, or gum.
No cell phones may be used during class time. Phones are to be left in the changing rooms.
Watch what you say in the lobby area, a space intended for the comfort of our students’ parents and families. At no time should anyone utilize this area to commiserate with others about their dissatisfaction with the school, its faculty or choreographers, or other students and their families. .
All students must show respect for their teachers at all times. Inappropriate behavior could result in dismissal from the class.
Be neat. Keep your hair off your face and neck. No ponytails or long braids, they could smack you or someone else.
Dress the part. Follow the dress code. The intention is not to quash individuality but to enable to instructor to see clearly.
Be polite. Do not lean against the barre or wall, and don’t sit down unless instructed to.
Student and Parent Use of Social Media
Use of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging, and other online social media vehicles is commonplace. This policy is intended to provide Julia’s students and parents with guidelines to eliminate any confusion concerning the use of social media.
- You DO NOT have permission to reveal any information that compromises Julia’s Academy of Dance. By that we mean you are forbidden to share personal information about the director, other students or their families, or anything that is proprietary and/or confidential to them or Julia’s.
- Students and parents should neither claim nor imply that they are speaking on behalf of Julia’s.
- Never post anything that could compromise the self-esteem of students who attend Julia’s.
- If you post videos of class or rehearsals, don’t post any choreography in its entirety; Julia’s Academy of Dance owns the copyright to all choreography taught at the school.
- Respect the law, including those laws governing defamation, discrimination, harassment, and copyright and fair use. As stated in this handbook, parents and students should never post negative comments about other schools or teachers. Also, please do not post negative comments about school activities such as competitions, conventions, and performances or about the directors of those events.
- Ensure that your social networking conduct is consistent with all of the policies contained in this handbook.
Safety issues and legal responsibilities make it impossible for us to allow students to bring visitors into the classroom. Students should not invite siblings, other relatives, or friends to their classes with the exception of special events such as “Bring a Friend Week” and in-school performances.
Although we have never experienced an emergency evacuation at the school, we are prepared for such a circumstance. Students are to evacuate quietly and walk in single file as quickly as possible to the designated area, where teachers will check roll. Students and teachers are to return to classrooms and buildings when the all-clear signal is given.
Parking Lot Safety
The school is home to children of all ages. Please enter and exit our parking lot with extreme caution. Never park your vehicle in any area that is not a designated parking space. If you park in a space that is very close to the building or its windows, please do not leave your car idling. Please do not allow siblings to play in the parking lot.
School closures due to severe weather conditions will be announced by noon on that day. Notifications of weather cancellations will be emailed, posted on the website and the Facebook page, and sent out in a mass text.
We work hard to make the dance experience organized and fun. Keeping you informed is one of our primary goals. Please read all newsletters and other school information found in emails.
Newsletters and important updates are printed and handed out to our students at the conclusion of class. The same newsletters and updates are emailed to you and posted on the bulletin board, website and Facebook page.
If you have any questions regarding the information distributed, we encourage you to contact the office at 405-310-4699.
We answer email on a daily basis, except on weekends. Feel free to email questions to the office. Or if you need to relay information to us that will affect you (like unexpected payment changes) feel free to contact the office manager by email, text, or phone call.
We are constantly updating our website. News, important parent and student information, contact information, and more are available online 24 hours a day.
Facebook Page www.facebook.com/julias.dance
“Like” the Julia’s Academy of Dance page on Facebook to receive daily updates on school events. Please invite your family and friends to “like” the school.
Please do not post questions on the school’s Facebook page. Instead, please email them directly to us